• Should I add any colour? I think I like it plain black….
• Yep, I think I like it plain black.
• Funny how the illustration of the galloping mustangs has made a shadow under the back leg where one would want a shadow, and put an interesting pattern over the carousel horse’s head.
• Should I add white gouache to the horse? If I do, I’ll lose the background mustangs and the flat, outline effect which interests me, but I’ll gain a milky, layered quality and a more three dimensional effect, which might also interest me.
• Should I add white gouache to the coloured bits to make them pastel toned? … maybe…
• Perhaps I should leave it as is and paint another carousel horse on the next page and add all sorts of white and stuff to that one… or this one… depending…
• Should I stop soliloquising and go and do those other urgent jobs?